Knife Edge - Malorie Blackman

03 September 2014


Pages: 368 pages
Edition: Hardcover
Language: English
Publisher: Doubleday's Children
Source: Purchased
Series: Noughts and Crosses #2
Started: 6th of August, 2014
Finished: 7th of August, 2014

ADD TO GOODREADS BUY AT TBD
WHEN TRUTH AND JUSTICE ARE NO LONGER BLACK AND WHITE ISSUES . . .

Sephy is a Cross, one of the privileged in a society where the ruling Crosses treat the pale-skinned noughts as inferiors. But her baby daughter has a nought father . . . Jude is a Nought. Eaten up with bitterness, he blames Sephy for the terrible losses his family has suffered . . . Now Jude's life rests on a knife edge. Will Sephy be forced, once again, to take sides? A razor-sharp and intensely moving novel, the second in the "Noughts & Crosses" sequence.

My Thoughts

Okay so it took me about a year to start on Knife Edge. Why? Because I still had too many feels concerning Noughts and Crosses okay. I couldn't handle the pain. It was a tragedy and I wanted the ending of Noughts and Crosses to be different and this is why I couldn't handle to continue the series. But I did, and I actually enjoyed it. It wasn't great like Noughts and Crosses, but it also wasn't bad. So I think I'm going to read Checkmate sooner this time. Hopefully. I know myself.

So for those of you that haven't read Noughts and Crosses yet, go do that right now, and proceed with reading this review after that, or if you have no intention of every reading the series, because this might possibly include spoilers for the book series from here on. Okay? Don't say I didn't warn you.

SO OKAY. CALLUMS LETTER OKAY. I MENTALLY CRIED FOREVER AND I AM STILL CRYING FOREVER. WHAT DO I DO. Callum couldn't have written what he wrote in it. That's impossible. It's not right.

But okay, I'm still a little sad, so I should read the next book. So have you read this one, and what did you think of it? I thought it was kind of depressing, so I hope Checkmate is better. Malorie is great anyways, I love this series soooo much!

1 comment:

  1. I met Malorie Blackman at YALC in London last month, she is such a nice person and it was lovely to chat with her. I haven't read any of her books (yet!) but I plan on fixing that soon.

    ReplyDelete